Acknowledgement of Risk
Risks inherent to Burke Museum Camps include, but are not limited to, bodily injury or illness due to:
- Uneven terrain and natural hazards.
- Contact with flora, fauna, and airborne allergens in public eating areas and outside excursions. This includes but is not limited to allergens such as pollen, dust, insect stings, and airborne food allergens.
- Severe and/or unpredictable environmental conditions and events including weather and natural disasters.
- Riding or traveling in motorized vehicle for offsite excursions.
- Falls, scrapes, or drowning while exploring outdoor areas and bodies of water.
I acknowledge that there are certain risks inherent in summer camp, including but not limited to those indicated above. I acknowledge that all risks cannot be prevented and I assume those risks beyond the control of the University staff.